- 2 c
- self raising flour
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/2 c
- butter, you can use margarine but the butter gives a better flavor.
- 1 2/3 c
- castor sugar
- egg lightly beaten
How to Make Grantham Gingerbreads
- 1Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F or Gas mark 2 or 140°C for a fan oven).
- 2Sift the flour and ginger into a bowl, and in a second bowl whisk the butter and sugar a hand held whisk is ideal for this.
- 3In a second bowl whisk the butter and sugar a hand held whisk is ideal for this.
- 4Prepare two baking sheets by either greasing or lining them with a non-stick tray liner.
- 5Add the egg to the butter and sugar making sure to mix it in well.
- 6Add the flour and ginger to the rest of the ingredients a little at a time to form a stiff dough.
- 7Break of pieces of dough about the size of walnut and place on your baking sheets. making sure to leave some space around them as they will flatten and spread out in the oven.
- 8Bake in the centre of your oven for 40 - 45 minutes. Then place them on a cooling rack for a few minutes, before tucking in!