2 call purpose flour
3 1/2 tspbaking powder
1/2 ccold butter
1/2 tspcream of tartar
OPTIONAL: CAN USE BUTTERMILK INSTEAD OF MILK AND CREAM OF TARTAR
OPTIONAL: CAN USE VINEGAR OR LEMON JUICE IN PLACE OF CREAM OF TARTAR
ADD IN HERBS, ONION, GARLIC, CHEESE TO YOUR TASTE. OR HONEY/SUGAR IF YOU WANT THEM SWEETER.
How to Make Buttery Biscuits
- Mix dry ingredients and add in butter chunks. Use a knife or pastry blender to create a crumbly mixture.
- Add in milk, a bit at a time until mixture rolls into dough. Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Roll onto a floured surface and roll out until 1/4 inch thick, or thicker if you please.
- Cut into squares or circles. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Melt butter and brush on the tops. Can use milk as well.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.