How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
Slice butter and put on a plate in the freezer.
- Sift the dry ingredients together into a bowl. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or a fork until it looks like coarse sand. Add the buttermilk mix until just incorporated into the flour.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and gently bring together. Gently press the dough into a circle until it is between 1/2 and 3/4-inch thick.
- Use a round cutter that has been floured to cut the biscuits. Place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.Remove biscuits from freezer and place on parchment paper on a baking sheet so they are touching each other.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- NOTE: If you don't have a biscuit cutter, use the bottom of a glass, I like them about 3-4 inches around.
- NOTE: If you don't have buttermilk, add a teaspoon or so of white vinegar to 3/4 cup of regular milk and let it stand a couple of minutes; until it curdles. This works the same as buttermilk!