Buttermilk Biscuits - Arm and Hammer Recipe
I like to pat the dough into a square and cut them in a grid pattern; that way no dough is wasted and you don't have to reroll the dough. These biscuits are best served warm with butter and honey right out of the oven, but they also reheat nicely.
How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits - Arm and Hammer Recipe
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Sift flour, soda, and salt together. Cut in shortening. Add buttermilk and stir lightly. Turn onto floured board and knead lightly.
- 3Pat or roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut out biscuits; place on baking sheet or in iron skillet. Group biscuits together, touching sides for soft sided biscuits.
- 4Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until nicely browned.
- 5NOTE: If dough is too dry, add small amount of buttermilk at a time until all of the flour mixture forms a ball. You may brush the tops of the biscuits before baking with melted butter or milk/cream to enhance browning.