Briana's Mountain Dew Biscuits
Rose Mary Mogan
We used a Diet Mountain Dew, plus we used FAGE FAT FREE GREEK YOGURT, TO CUT BACK ON SOME OF THE CALORIES. We also sprayed the tops with Butter Flavored Cooking Spray, instead of using melted butter.
Of course Bisquick is the main ingredient for this great tasting biscuit. BISQUICK & FAGE FAT FREE GREEK YOGURT CREATED AN AMAZING RECIPE.
Briana was amazed at how easy it was to make her FIRST TIME BISCUITS. WE LOVED THEM
- 2 1/2 c
- bisquick baking mix( plus extra for rolling biscuits)
- 6-8 oz
- diet mountain dew or other lemon lime soda
- 3/4 c
- fage fat free greek yogurt
- 1/4 c
- melted butter (1/2 stick)
- non stick butter flavored cooking spray or extra melted butter
How to Make Briana's Mountain Dew Biscuits
- 1Biscuits are typically high in calories and to cut some of those out, we used the Fage Fat Free Greek Yogurt instead of sour cream, and used a diet soda, instead of regular, and also made the biscuits smaller than usual. Plus instead of melted butter on top we used Butter flavored cooking spray. All of these elements helped to control the calorie count, to yield less calories per serving than your typical 7 Up biscuits. In the end NONE OF US COULD EAT JUST ONE. Smile
- 3Add the mountain Dew and stir till batter is thick, and not too lumpy. Pull the dough mixture to one side of the bowl. Add enough extra Bisquick to side of bowl about 1 cup to start, then gradually work it into the biscuit dough, until dough is no longer tacky(sticky) Add more if needed a little at a time. Biscuit dough should look like this when you are ready to roll them out, or shape by hand.
- 4Now pinch off a small amount about 2 inches in diameter & gently roll dough in floured hands & place in pan of melted butter. Repeat until all biscuits are made. NOTE YOU CAN ALSO ADD EXTRA BISQUICK TO A FLOURED SURFACE, ADD DOUGH AND ROLL OUT, THEN CUT WITH A BISCUIT CUTTER. I like to make mine the way my mother did and that is shaping from the bowl, just like I showed Briana.