Best Buttermilk Biscuits
2 call purose flour
1 Tbspbaking powder
2 tspgranulated sugar
1/2 tspcream of tartar
1/4 tspbaking soda
1/2 cbutter or shortening (i highly recommend butter)
3/4 cbuttermilk or sour milk
How to Make Best Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450. In a large bowl, stir together all dry ingredients.
- Knead in butter, but leave clumps pea sized as the clumps produce a flaky biscuit.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Knead on a lightly floured surface about 10 times. Roll out, but you want this dough thick. At least an inch to an inch and a half thick.
- Use a floured biscuit cutter or cup to cut out biscuits. Placing them closely together on a greased or parchment covered cookie sheet will prevent them from toppling over as they rise.
- Bake for about 10 mins. Enjoy!