Made this once, they were good, a nice "something different" than regular biscuits!
- 3 c
- all purpose baking mix (bisquick, jiffy mix, pioneer brand or trader joes brand)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1 can(s)
- sweet potatoes/yams, drain & mash (15 oz)
- (fresh cooked or baked can be used; also sub butternut squash if desired, just measure about 2 c. pulp)
- 3/4 c
- fat-free milk
- note: the leavening agents are already in the baking mix, no need to add baking powder/salt/baking soda
How to Make YAM BISCUITS
- 1Preheat oven to 450 F.
- 2In medium bowl, combine mix & cinnamon.
Add sweet potatoes and milk.
Roll dough out on floured surface to 3/4 to 1" thickness.
Cut w/2" biscuit cutter or glass.
- 3Place on nonstick baking sheet.
Bake for 10-12 min, or til golden brown.