Whole Wheat Bisquick Mix-Homemade
Use as you would Bisquick.
- 8 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 c
- whole wheat flour
- 1 c
- dry buttermilk powder or nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 c
- baking powder
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 c
- shortening that does not require refrigeration
- 1/4 c
How to Make Whole Wheat Bisquick Mix-Homemade
- 1Thoroughly stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, buttermilk powder and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- 2With pastry blender,cut shortening into dry ingredients till mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle honey over flour mixture. Mix well. Store in covered airtight container up to six weeks at room temperature.
- 3Before measuring,stir mix lightly. Spoon mix lightly into measuring cup, level off with flat edge knife.
- 4For longer storage, place in a sealed freezer container and store in freezer for up to six months.
Allow mix to come to room temperature.