1 cwhole wheat flour
1 cunbleached white flour
1 1/2 Tbspsugar
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/2 tspcream of tartar
2 Tbspcold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
3/4 clowfat evaporated milk
How to Make whole wheat biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with foil to keep biscuit bottoms from getting too dark.
- Sift together the first 5 ingredients. Add butter and blend until resembles fine crumbs. Add milk and whip into a sticky dough.
- Turn out onto well floured surface and knead gently (flour your hands first) until dough is smooth. Dough should be manageable but still very soft. Pat dough into a square about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut dough into 4 equal strips. Then make 4 more cut perpendicular to the first cuts--forming 16 biscuits.
- Place them touching one another on the baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned and risen to twice their height, 12-14 minutes. Serve warm. Yummy!