The Master Mix (Homemade Bisquick Substitute)
I just love these recipes that make the job easier and this is one for sure. Keep it on your pantry shelf!
This is a Subsitution for Bisquick Mix!
How to Make The Master Mix (Homemade Bisquick Substitute)
- 1In a large pan, stir the dry milk, baking powder, sugar and salt into the flour; mix thoroughly.
- 2Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until the MIX is the consistency of corn meal.
- 3Place the mix in a covered glass or plastic container and keep in a cool, dry place.
- 4In warm weather the MIX should be refrigerated and used with a month.
- 5To measure, pile the MIX lightly into a cup and level off with a spatula or the back of a knife.