Taste just like KFC's Biscuits....
I loved KFC biscuits when I lived in the USA, There is KFC here in UK but they don't do biscuits...shame they would sell so many here...
Hope you will all try and enjoy...
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp
- backing soda
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 3/4 c
- 1 tsp
- 6 Tbsp
How to Make Taste just like KFC's Biscuits....
- 1Sift the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Cut in the lard with a pastry cutter or with two knives until a coarse texture is obtained.
- 3Add buttermilk and knead gently but thoroughly.
The dough should be soft but not sticky: if it is, add a little more flour.
Knead for 1 minute, wrap in foil or wax paper and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- 4Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- 5Roll out the dough 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface and cut with a biscuit cutter. (If you don’t have one, a cup with the desired diameter will work.)
- 6Transfer biscuits to a dark baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes
- 7I must stress use *LARD*, as Crisco or butter doesn't give the same taste, and KFC uses Lard..