Taste just like KFC's Biscuits....
I loved KFC biscuits when I lived in the USA, There is KFC here in UK but they don't do biscuits...shame they would sell so many here...
Hope you will all try and enjoy...
How to Make Taste just like KFC's Biscuits....
- Sift the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut in the lard with a pastry cutter or with two knives until a coarse texture is obtained.
- Add buttermilk and knead gently but thoroughly.
The dough should be soft but not sticky: if it is, add a little more flour.
Knead for 1 minute, wrap in foil or wax paper and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Roll out the dough 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface and cut with a biscuit cutter. (If you don’t have one, a cup with the desired diameter will work.)
- Transfer biscuits to a dark baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes
- I must stress use *LARD*, as Crisco or butter doesn't give the same taste, and KFC uses Lard..