Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
Rev BJ Friley
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 call-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
How to Make Southern Buttermilk Biscuits
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Knead dough gently.
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.