Slow-cooked blueberries and dumplings
Since I usually get up @ 5 a.m. every morning, I start it @ 5:30 and it's ready by about 9.
- 1-1/4 c
- plus 2 tbsp stevia sweetener or sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- 2 tsp
- lemon zest
- 16 oz pkgs frozen wild blueberries, like wyman's
- 1-1/2 c
- heart healthy bisquick biscuit mix
- 3 Tbsp
- 8 oz container light sour cream.
How to Make Slow-cooked blueberries and dumplings
- 1In 3-quart saucepan, stir together 1-1/4 cups stevia or sugar, flour, and lemon zest. Stir in blueberries. Cook on medium, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- 2Increase heat to medium-high heat. Bring to boil, stirring often. Cook until thickened, about 5 mins. In bowl, mix together bisquick mix and 2 tbsp sugar. Cut in butter w/ 2 forks until crumbly. Add sour cream. Stir until just moistened and soft dough forms.
- 3Pour blueberry filling into slow-cooker. drop dough in 6 lg spoonfuls onto filling. Cover, cook on low for 3 hrs.