Skillet Biscuit Bread
3 ingredients, so quick and simple
- 2 c
- unbleached self-rising flour
- 3/4 to 1 c
- 1/4 c
- vegetable oil
- 2 to 4 Tbsp
- bacon drippings (to grease the skillet )
How to Make Skillet Biscuit Bread
- 1Combine flour, buttermilk and oil in a large bowl; stir with a fork to combine. Do not over mix. With floured hands, gently knead dough in bowl to form a ball; dough will be sticky.
- 2Generously grease with (bacon grease), a straight-sided heavy 8- or 9-inch skillet and set over medium heat. Pat dough into skillet.
- 3Cook over medium heat until set and browned in spots on the bottom, 7 to 8 minutes. Using a spatula, slide or lift onto a plate. Invert into skillet and cook until other side is browned in spots and bread is thoroughly cooked, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cut into wedges. Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.