Phyllis and Maxine Henry's Baking Powder Biscuits
My kids love them and I use to make them often for gravy and biscuits in the morning or having with dinner. What would a chicken dinner be with our Baking Powder Biscuits?
How to Make Phyllis and Maxine Henry's Baking Powder Biscuits
- 1Cut the shortening in with the flour, salt and baking powder.
- 2Add the milk and mix till all blended.
- 3Roll out to 1/2' on a lightly floured counter or cutting board. Don't forget to lightly flour your rolling pin.
- 4With a round or square cookie cutter, cut the dough.
Keep doing until all the dough is used up. If you have little left..roll that in your hand and add that to the ungreased cookie sheet.
- 5Bake in the oven at 450* 12-15.
- 6You can use buttermilk, instead of milk, and you can use butter flavored shortening. You can also add grated cheese to the biscuits. And I have made them with cream.