Pat in the Pan Buttermilk Buttered Biscuits
Cindy Smith Bryson
Crispy on the top and sides and soft inside. Did I mention that they are baked with butter?!?
No time for pics but you get the idea.
My sister likes the 1 tbls of sugar as it almost makes then taste cake like. I prefer to leave out so you get that tangy, buttermilk biscuit taste.
How to Make Pat in the Pan Buttermilk Buttered Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt the stick of butter in an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour in buttermilk and mix lightly until a loose dough forms. The batter will be sticky.
- Pour biscuit dough on top of melted butter in baking dish.
- Using fingers or back of spoon, push dough unto corners and pat out dough until level. Dough will not be smooth and not to worry if some melted butter runs onto top of dough.
- Score dough with a knife into 9 squares. This will help with cutting once done.
- Bake 20 minutes for 9x9 or 25 minutes for 8x8. Rotate dish once during baking.
*As ovens vary: your biscuits will be done when golden brown on top and spring back to touch.
- Allow to cool prior to cutting into 9 squares. Top with more butter!