Orange Cranberry Scones with Oats
1 1/3 cbisquick baking mix
1/3 cself-rising flour
1/3 cquick oats
1 tspbaking powder
2 Tbspsoft butter
1 smallorange, zest grated (about 1 tablespoon)
1/2 cdried cranberries
1egg, beaten with...
·enough milk to make 1/2 cup
1/2 tsporange flavoring
How to Make Orange Cranberry Scones with Oats
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a 12-cup scone pan or muffin pan. Or make drop scones like drop biscuits.
- Stir together all dry ingredients until well blended. Cut in butter until crumbly, then stir in orange rind and cranberries.
- Beat egg well in measuring cup, and add milk to make 1/2 cup. Stir in flavoring.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until it forms a soft dough. Add a tablespoon or two of milk if necessary to get the soft dough consistency.
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls into a scone pan, a small-well muffin pan, or just onto a greased cookie sheet like drop biscuits.
Bake 20-23 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Scones may also be drizzled with a thin butter-cream icing:
Stir together a tablespoon of melted butter, 1 1/2 tablespoons cream, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring. Blend in about 1 cup powdered sugar and stir until smooth. Drizzle over warm scones and cool until glaze hardens.