ONION POPPY SEED BISCUITS
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1 tspbrown sugar
3/4 tsppoppy seeds
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/4 c(1/2 stick) cold butter, cubed
How to Make ONION POPPY SEED BISCUITS
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the onion until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, poppy seeds, salt and baking soda. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the onions. Stir in the buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Pat to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place biscuits 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake in a preheated 450-degree oven for 9-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- NOTE: If you don't have buttermilk, you may substitute 1 Tbsp. of white vinegar or lemon juice and enough milk to measure a total of 1 cup (for 1 cup buttermilk).