- 1 c
- mashed potatoes
- 2/3 c
- 4 Tbsp
- 2 c
- 1/2 teas tsp
- 4 tsp
- baking powder
How to Make Irish Potato Biscuits
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Add to the freshly mashed, or left over potatoes; heat slowly over medium-low heat, stirring the potatoes and milk to blend; add shortening and stir until blended with the potatoes & milk. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- 3Mix the flour, salt and baking powder together; Stir into the potato mixture.
- 4Flour your board, and pat out the dough with floured hands. You can pat into rectangle, and cut out square biscuits, or use a well-floured biscuit cutter.
- 5Place on parchment paper lined cookie tin, and bake about 12-16 minutes, depending on the oven.