★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 call purpose flour
1/4 cbrown sugar, packed
1 Tbspbaking powder
1/4 tspcream of tartar
1/2 cbutter-flavored shortening
2/3 cwhole milk
1/4 csoftened butter
1/4 cbrown sugar
5 or 6 tspground cinnamon
How to Make GOLDEN BROWN SUGAR BISCUITS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, 1/4 c brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cream of tartar.
- Cut the shortening into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in milk and vanilla.
- Knead briefly on a floured surface.
- Gently roll dough into a large rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Spread softened butter onto surface of dough.
- Mix together 1/4 c. brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up tightly, and slice into 12 equal slices.
- Place slices onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.