How to Make FRIED BISCUITS
- 1Add yeast to warm water, add other ingredients and let dough rise. Kneed, roll out and cut into small size biscuits.
- 2Drop into hot fat or shortening. The fat should be hotter than 350 degrees. If the fat is too hot the biscuits will sag in the middle. Let the biscuits stay in the fat long enough to lightly brown.
- 3This biscuit recipe makes about 7 dozen biscuits. Put the remainder on cookie sheet, freeze individully and store in ziploc freezer bags.
- 4To use the frozen biscuits remove from freezer and fry. You don't have to let them rise they will (puff up) as soon as they are dropped into the hot fat.
- 5Great with homemade applebutter. NOTE: YOU CAN USE BUTTERMILK INSTEAD OF MILK