Farmhouse Raspberry Zucchini Biscuits
These are so delicious as an addition to your favorite meal or even as a stand alone with hot tea.
We enjoyed these served with butter and homemade Apple Pie Butter.
But I am sure any way you serve it, they will be asking for seconds!
- 1 1/2 c
- self rising flour
- 3/4 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- dark molasses
- 1 pinch
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- wheat germ
- 1 c
- zucchini, shredded
- raspberries, smashed
- cream of wheat, quick-cook style
- cinnamon sugar, optional
How to Make Farmhouse Raspberry Zucchini Biscuits
- 1Place all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix with fork.
- 2Beat in molasses, vanilla, and butter. Beat until butter is well blended.
- 3Add buttermilk, zucchini, and raspberries. Stir until well combined.
- 4Then add cream of wheat, a half a cup at a time, until you get a wet dough consistency.
- 5Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Preheat oven at 350F.
- 6In a greased 9in cake pan or cast iron skillet, place dough that has been rolled into loose balls. Place them all around the outer rim and one in the center.
- 7Optionally sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- 8Bake until a toothpick comes out clean or about 20 minutes.
- 9Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then, using a butter knife, trace the rim of each biscuit for easy removal from pan.
- 10Optionally serve with fresh butter and apple or pumpkin butter.