Farmhouse Raspberry Zucchini Biscuits
These are so delicious as an addition to your favorite meal or even as a stand alone with hot tea.
We enjoyed these served with butter and homemade Apple Pie Butter.
But I am sure any way you serve it, they will be asking for seconds!
1 1/2 cself rising flour
3/4 cdark brown sugar
1 stickbutter, unsalted, diced
1 Tbspdark molasses
2 Tbspwheat germ
·cream of wheat, quick-cook style
·cinnamon sugar, optional
How to Make Farmhouse Raspberry Zucchini Biscuits
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix with fork.
- Beat in molasses, vanilla, and butter. Beat until butter is well blended.
- Add buttermilk, zucchini, and raspberries. Stir until well combined.
- Then add cream of wheat, a half a cup at a time, until you get a wet dough consistency.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Preheat oven at 350F.
- In a greased 9in cake pan or cast iron skillet, place dough that has been rolled into loose balls. Place them all around the outer rim and one in the center.
- Optionally sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean or about 20 minutes.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Then, using a butter knife, trace the rim of each biscuit for easy removal from pan.
- Optionally serve with fresh butter and apple or pumpkin butter.