A quick fun treat that is sure to please after school or home for school breaks well actually anytime.
Children can also help by cutting out the doughnut holes.
- canned buttermilk biscuits
- frying oil
- powdered sugar
- paper sacks
- cinnamon and sugar
How to Make Easy Donuts
- 1Open canned biscuits and lay each biscuit out individually.
Each brand of canned biscuits are different in how many are in the can. So it is up to cook as to how many people they want to serve.
- 2Take a hole cutter or some item small enough to cut a whole in the middle of the dough/biscuit.
This will give you donut holes and donuts to serve.
- 3Heat oil in deep skillet and drop dough/biscuits into hot oil to fry.
ATTENTION: HOT OIL WILL SPLASH SO BE CAREFUL AND BE PREPARED TO TURN biscuit/DOUGH - IT FRIES FAST.
When golden in color on both sides - remove and place on paper towel to drain.
- 4For Powdered Donuts - place the fried donuts in paper bag with enough powdered sugar to coat. Shake well and remove to plate. Serve while hot and be prepared to cook more.
- 5Now here comes the versatile part.
There is no end to the flavors you can make - you can be your own Donut Shop and save money.
Combine cinnamon and sugar and put in bag shake them up for another yummy coating.
Mix powdered sugar with a little milk and glaze them.
Flavor the glaze and make strawberry, blueberry, chocolate, etc. etc. etc. donuts.
Add sprinkles, nuts, coconut, just take off and use the imagination.
- 6***Guys as well as Girls will enjoy making their own if you are having a sleepover.
***I will say they are better eaten when hot. They are ok cold but will tend to have a light greasy touch. This doesn't happen often because they are always consumed when cooked.