★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 call-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 cgranulated sugar
1 cshortening or lard
1/2 cwarm water
2 pkgquick-rise yeast
How to Make Dad's Angel Biscuits
- Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water; set aside also. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a seperate bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder; add the sugar and mix well. Cut in the shortening or lard until mix resembles crumbs.
- Add the milk w/ vinegar to the yeast mix and add slowly to the flour mix and mix until it resembles a somewhat sticky dough.
- At this stage you can roll the mix out on a lightly floured surface and either cut with a biscuit cutter or a floured cup. Or you can drop a scant tablespoon of the dough onto a greased baking sheet at least 1 inch and a half apart.
- Bake until golden brown on top. Great served with either sausage or bacon gravy for breakfast.