Cream Brulee cups
It is good warm or cold, The Cream Brulee is a set custard type consistency, the biscuits sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar adds a nice light crunch. eat plain or top with your favorite topping
The picture is my own
1/4 cheavy whipping cream
26 oz containors of vanilla or french vanilla yogurt
1 can(s)refrigerated biscuits, crescent or grands work well
1/3 cgranulated sugar
3 Tbspmelted butter
How to Make Cream Brulee cups
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F
Spray 8-6z custard or ramekin cups with cooking spray ( I use Pam) place cups on a cookie sheet with sides, to prevent them from slipping off
- In a med bowl, beat together the eggs, whipping cream,nutmeg 1/2 t cinnamon, vanilla and yogurt at medium speed until well blended
- separate dough into 8 biscuits,(** see note below) separate each evenly into 2 layers, making 16 rounds.
- Place the 1/3 cup of sugar and the 1/2 t cinnamon in a shallow dish, brush both sides of each dough round with melted butter and coat both sides with the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Place on dough round in the bottom of each sprayed custard/ramekin cup, spoon 1/4th cup of yogurt mixture in top of each,top with remaining dough rounds
- bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, let cool at least 15 minutes before serving, serve plain or spoon a little of your favorite fruit on top
- **** I used crescent rolls in the picture above, I just separated each roll and cut each in half cross ways using the wider end for the bottom and the narrow end for the top, don't worry if the cuts are not perfect or if the dough rips, it does not effect the appearance, as the biscuits spread and puff covering any imperfections.