1/4 clite olive oil
2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 tspalmond extract
1 3/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
1/2 cdried cranberries (or more)
1 1/2 cpistachio nuts, rough chopped
How to Make Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti
- Pre-heat your oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, spray lightly with cooking spray and set aside. In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together the olive oil and sugar, blend well. Add in the almond and vanilla extracts the add in the eggs one at a time, blend until fully incorporated.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and gently whisk to blend it together. Slowly add it to the egg mixture and blend well. Remove the batter from the mixer and gently fold in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Divide the dough in two and form 2 logs that are 12"x12"( I usually go to the length of the baking sheet to yield more pieces) directly on the prepared baking sheet. The dough will be very sticky so add some flour to you hands while shaping the dough. Bake the dough for 30-35 minutes or until they just begin to turn golden brown. Do not over bake them!
- Remove the biscotti from the over and let them cool of 10-15 minutes, transfer them onto a cutting boars and slice then into 1/2" pieces. Turn the oven down to 275 degrees F. Place the slices back onto the cookie sheet flat and place them back into the oven for 10 minutes, remove them from the oven, flip them over and bake for another 10-12 minutes or they begin to turn golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and leave on the baking sheet to cool.
- NOTE: Depending on if you like a soft biscotti or a really crunchy hard biscotti determines how long you dry them out in the oven