COOL CHEESE CRACKERS (SALLYE)
Hope you try them for your next buffet or game day. You won't be disappointed.
2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 csoftened butter (1 stick)
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1/4 tspsea salt
1/4 tspdry mustard
1 dash(es)tabasco sauce (3 drops)
1-1/4 call purpose flour
10 slicethick bacon
How to Make COOL CHEESE CRACKERS (SALLYE)
- Cook bacon slices until crisp and set aside on paper towel to drain
- Place cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with mixer on low speed until blended.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, dry mustard, and tabasco sauce to cheese/butter mixture and continue beating until well blended.
- Crumble cooked bacon into pieces and fold into flour so that pieces are coated.
- Gradually add flour/bacon to cheese/butter mixture while beating on slow speed or with wooden spoon.
- Shape the dough into two logs about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
Cover loosely with saran wrap and place in fridge for at least an hour until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
Line a 9" x 13" (or larger) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough logs from fridge and place on cutting board or clean flat surface.
Cut into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices and arrange the slices on the baking sheet.
Gently pierce each slice with the tines of a fork several times.
- Place in oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until light brown.
Remove to a wire rack to cool.