COOL CHEESE CRACKERS (SALLYE)
Hope you try them for your next buffet or game day. You won't be disappointed.
- 2 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 c
- softened butter (1 stick)
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 dash(es)
- tabasco sauce (3 drops)
- 1-1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 10 slice
- thick bacon
How to Make COOL CHEESE CRACKERS (SALLYE)
- 1Cook bacon slices until crisp and set aside on paper towel to drain
- 2Place cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with mixer on low speed until blended.
- 3Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, dry mustard, and tabasco sauce to cheese/butter mixture and continue beating until well blended.
- 4Crumble cooked bacon into pieces and fold into flour so that pieces are coated.
- 5Gradually add flour/bacon to cheese/butter mixture while beating on slow speed or with wooden spoon.
- 6Shape the dough into two logs about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
Cover loosely with saran wrap and place in fridge for at least an hour until chilled.
- 7Preheat oven to 375º.
Line a 9" x 13" (or larger) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 8Remove dough logs from fridge and place on cutting board or clean flat surface.
Cut into 1/8 to 1/4 inch slices and arrange the slices on the baking sheet.
Gently pierce each slice with the tines of a fork several times.
- 9Place in oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes until light brown.
Remove to a wire rack to cool.