Cinnamon Raisin Buscuits
You can also use a cream cheese icing.
I had used orange juice and orange zest which gave them a really great taste.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 cflour white or whole wheat
3/4 cshortening, i use crisco butter flavour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/3 cbrown sugar
POWDERED SUGAR ICING
3 Tbspbutter, softened
1 3/4 cicing sugar
How to Make Cinnamon Raisin Buscuits
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Blend in shortening, I use my food processor to do this as it makes it easier to handle.
- Add milk and stir in to dry ingrediants.
- Add raisins and cinnamon and mix until swirled through batter.
- Scrape batter onto floured board and roll to 1/2" thick.
You can always just cut after you scrape the batter onto the board for a rustic look.
- Cut with any size cookie cutter. I use a glass.
You can put onto a cookie sheet or in a muffin tin.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes
- Mix butter and powdered sugar together.
Add milk and stir.
Glaze with powdered sugar icing