Cherry Caramel Nut Ring
***I feel that it is important to make a couple of notes***
It does say on the side of the Grands biscuit can - not to microwave the biscuits. I have never had an issue - the biscuits do get done. But just thought I would mention this in case someone was a bit leery about microwaving them.
Secondly - after the 8 minutes of cooking if the biscuits still feel a bit raw to the touch - microwave a couple more minutes, but no more because they will get tough and dried out.
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Tbsp
- light corn syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 c
- (more or less) pecan halves
- 1/4 c
- (more or less) maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1 can(s)
- (12 oz.) buttermilk buscuits, such as grands
How to Make Cherry Caramel Nut Ring
- 1Place butter in a 9" round glass deep-dish pie plate. Microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until butter is melted.
- 2Sprinkle brown sugar over butter. Add corn syrup (or Agave nectar) and stir well. Place a small microwave safe drinking glass (NOT a paper cup), right side up in the center of the pie plate.
- 3Arrange pecan halves and maraschino cherries around the glass. Arrange the buttermilk buscuits around the glass, squeezing to fit.
- 4Microwave at medium (50% power) 5 to 8 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 a turn after 3 minutes. Remove glass and invert ring onto a serving plate. Let stand several minutes to let the pie "sauce" drip out of the pie plate. Remove pie plate. Enjoy! Best served warm.