How to Make Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Cut the butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles small peas. Stir in buttermilk with a fork until the dough forms a ball.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle dough with flour, and flatten into a disk. Cover, and chill for 15 minutes.
- Remove the wax paper, and turn dough out onto a well-floured surface; sprinkle with flour. Pat dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a 3 inch cutter, reshaping scraps once. Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush immediately with melted butter.