Bisquick-Based Buttons and Bows
This recipe is a favorite for kids and grown-ups alike and very quick and easy to make.
- 2 c
- 4 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/3 c
- milk, fat free
- 1/4 c
- melted margarine or butter
- 1/2 c
- 1/8 tsp
- ground cardamom (optional)
- 2 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Bisquick-Based Buttons and Bows
- 1Heat oven to 400°F. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, the nutmeg, cinnamon, milk, and egg until soft dough forms
- 2Mix sugar and all remaining seasonings together and set aside.
- 3Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix. Roll dough into a ball; knead about 5 times. Press or roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough with doughnut cutter dipped in Bisquick mix.
- 4To make bow shapes, hold opposite sides of each ring of dough, then twist to make a figure 8. On ungreased cookie sheet, place bows and buttons (the dough from the center of each ring).
- 5Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately dip each bow and button into melted butter, then in 1/2 cup seasoned sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.