Bisquick-Based Buttons and Bows
This recipe is a favorite for kids and grown-ups alike and very quick and easy to make.
4 Tbspbrown sugar
1/3 cmilk, fat free
1/4 cmelted margarine or butter
1/8 tspground cardamom (optional)
How to Make Bisquick-Based Buttons and Bows
- Heat oven to 400°F. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 2 tablespoons sugar, the nutmeg, cinnamon, milk, and egg until soft dough forms
- Mix sugar and all remaining seasonings together and set aside.
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix. Roll dough into a ball; knead about 5 times. Press or roll dough until 1/2 inch thick. Cut dough with doughnut cutter dipped in Bisquick mix.
- To make bow shapes, hold opposite sides of each ring of dough, then twist to make a figure 8. On ungreased cookie sheet, place bows and buttons (the dough from the center of each ring).
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately dip each bow and button into melted butter, then in 1/2 cup seasoned sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.