Zucchini & Squash Egg Frittata
I love Zucchini and Squash and loved this recipe and wanted to share it with everyone.
It is a excellent appetizer but can be enjoyed for a simple breakfast or simple lunch.
I hope you try it and enjoy it.
****Recipe and photo from ZP recipe book
- 6 large eggs(or 1.5 cups egg substitute
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup great value finely shredded fiesta blend cheese
- salt and pepper to taste, optional
How to Make Zucchini & Squash Egg Frittata
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Beat eggs in a small bowl for about 1 minute or until frothy, set aside. Lightly spray an oven safe skillet with cooking spray. Cook zucchini and squash in skillet at medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
- 3Pour eggs over cooked squash mixture and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until bottom is firm(top will be moist) Top with cheese.
- 4Bake in pre-heated oven, 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts. Cut into wedges immediately before serving.
total fat- 8 g
- 6**** can serve with sour cream