Zucchini & Squash Boats w/Brown Rice& Parmesan
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- zucchini, fresh
- squash, fresh
- 1 c
- brown rice, instant/cooked
- 1 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c
- italian seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
How to Make Zucchini & Squash Boats w/Brown Rice& Parmesan
- 1Cut the ends off zucchini and squash, cut in half length wise, then in half....end up with 4 pieces of each.
- 2carve out the insides to make little boats.
- 3on a cookie sheet, bake for about 5 mins, meanwhile make the instant brown rice and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- 4fill the "mini" boats with mixture and sprinkle with the Panko, drizzle w/olive oil and bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 mins...then broil for 5 mins..or until golden brown crust....excellent side dish....