2 Tbspall purpose flour
1egg yolk, lightly beaten
1 Tbspbutter, melted
1 pkg10-ounce frozen chopped spinach,cooked and drained
How to Make Tomatoes Florentine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut a slice from teh top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp,leaving a shell at least 1/4 inch thick. Place tomatoes upside down on paper toweling to drain.
- Sprinkle the inside of each tomato with salt.
In a sauce pan,combine flour and salt.
Blend in milk.
Stir in egg yolk and melted butter.
Add well-drained spinach; blend well.
Cook over medium heat until spinach begins to simmer.
- Spoon mixture into tomatoes,mounding to form a rounded top.
Arrange in a shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until tomatoes are cooked but not mushy.