★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 tspcilantro, finely minced
2 tspshallots, finely minced
1 Tbspwhite balsamic vinegar
1 can(s)whole tomatoes
1 Tbspolive oil
1 bunchfresh thyme
2 cred balsamic vinegar
1 Tbspoil, herb infused
1 smalltri-wedge fresh mozzarella, gouda or brie
1 sprig(s)basil leaf, (deep fried optional)
How to Make Tomato Tartar
- Heat oven to 200
Place cilantro, shallots, and white balsamic in a bowl. Mix well and place in refrigerator
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes, and remove the seeds.
Place them on a baking rack. Add a touch of olive oil to the top.
Then spread the thyme evenly over all the tomatoes.
Place in the oven and roast for 45-60 minutes
- Tomato should be very soft, but still be able to hold its shape.
While the tomatoes are cooking place the red balsamic in a pot and reduce down to a thick sauce. Once it is reduced place it in the refrigerator and cool.
Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
- Carefully remove the skin and dice the tomato into ¼” cubes.
Place in a bowl and chill for an hour
- Drain the cilantro mix and add the tomatoes. Try to drain as much liquid as possible.
Place a cylindrical mold on a plate and place the tomato tartar inside.
- Add the reduced balsamic and herb infused oil on the plate.
Garnish with a cheese wedge and a basil leaf.