TOMATO PIE WITH STARS
I got this recipe years ago with my second purchase of a pasta maker.
Believe me you better make a couple.They go fast.
1frozen 9-inch pie shell,thawed according to package directions
2 tspdijon-style mustard
2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 ctiny pasta stars (pastina)
1(28 ounce can) whole tomatoes,broken up,undrained
1/2 tspitalian seasoning
1/4 tspgarlic powder
How to Make TOMATO PIE WITH STARS
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread the mustard on the bottom of the thawed pie shell.
- Distribute 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over mustard,then the pasta stars,tomatoes, and seasonings.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- You can prepare this a few hours before mealtime,cover and refrigerate it,then bake it just before serving.