TOMATO PIE WITH STARS
I got this recipe years ago with my second purchase of a pasta maker.
Believe me you better make a couple.They go fast.
- frozen 9-inch pie shell,thawed according to package directions
- 2 tsp
- dijon-style mustard
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c
- tiny pasta stars (pastina)
- (28 ounce can) whole tomatoes,broken up,undrained
- 1/2 tsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
How to Make TOMATO PIE WITH STARS
- 1Preheat the oven to 350F.
- 2Spread the mustard on the bottom of the thawed pie shell.
- 3Distribute 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over mustard,then the pasta stars,tomatoes, and seasonings.
- 4Top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 5Bake for about 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 6Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 7You can prepare this a few hours before mealtime,cover and refrigerate it,then bake it just before serving.