Tomato & Basil Finger Sandwiches
Recipe from Web site- EatingWell.
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise, divided
- 4 thick slices tomato
- 4 teaspoons sliced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
How to Make Tomato & Basil Finger Sandwiches
- 1Cut bread into rounds slightly larger than your tomato"a biscuit cutter works well. Spread each slice with 2 teaspoons mayonnaise. Top with tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper.
Per serving: 75 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 345 mg sodium; 118 mg potassium.
You can use cream cheese(any flavor) instead of mayonnaise and use the bread of your choice. Try turkey and swiss, use a small biscuit cutter to make meats and cheeses small. I like this recipe and it would be great with avocados too. So many great ideas.