I have made it for many gatherings and it is well received by all who have tried it. My Step Daughter did the decorating of this one. She really got into it. :)
Very tasty and impressive and gone in no time!
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
2 Tbspyellow cornmeal
3 pkg8 ounce each, cream cheese, softened
1envelope taco seasoning
1/2 csour cream
2 cshredded cheddar cheese (or pepper jack cheese)
4 ozgreen chilies, shredded (can of shredded) optional ( i dont use this)
1/2 cchopped ripe black olives
FOR THE TOPPING
1 csour cream (8 ounces)
1/4 csliced black olives
1/4 csliced green onions
1/4 csliced cherry tomatoes
1jalapeno pepper,sliced (optional i do not use)
·any other way you like to decorate the top. sky is the limit!
How to Make Taco Cheesecake
- The day before serving:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9 inch spring form pan. Sprinkle with cornmeal to cover the bottom.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the taco seasoning,sour cream and salsa. Blend well. Add the eggs,cheese and chilies(if using)
Fold in the olives. Pour over cornmeal bottomed pan.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen. Cool in the pan for another hour. (if top of cheese cake cracks, that is ok.
- After the hour of cooling, refrigerate it in the pan, over night or at least 8 hours.
- Remove sides of spring form pan.
Spread sour cream all over like frosting a cake.
- Decorate with olives,onions,tomatoes,jalapeno (if using) or any other ingredient you see fit for a beautiful presentation. This time we used Kale chips for the edges, and I really like how that looked.
- Serve with crackers,tortilla chips, or any other ingredient that a taco spread would go good with.
Serves at least 18 to 20 people.
This travels well! And you make it ahead of time so no last minute fuss.
Also, for decorating, I de-seed my tomatoes. This way they do not get runny and ruin the beautiful presentation and decoration.