Spinach Cheese Swirls Plus
- 1 large
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 c
- shredded muenster cheese or mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 medium
- green onion, chopped about 2 tablespoons
- 1/8 tsp
- garlic powder
- all purpose flour
- pkg. of 17.3 oz. pkg. pepperidge farms puff pastry sheets(1 sheet ,thawed)
- 10 oz
- pkg. thawed chopped spinach, drained and squeezed real dry.
How to Make Spinach Cheese Swirls Plus
- 1Heat oven to 400^. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Stir the cheeses,onion and garlic powder, in a medium bowl.
- 2Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet. Brush with the egg wash. Top with the cheese mixture and very dry spinach. Starting at short side., roll up like a jelly roll. Cut into 20 --1/2-inch slices. Place cut side down onto 2 baking sheets. Brush the slices with the egg mixture.
- 3Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- 4For Pesto Swirls:
Omit all ingredients except the flour and the puff pastry. Unfold the pastry sheet as directed above. Spread 1/2 of an 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened, on the pastry sheet to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Top with 3 Tablespoons pesto sauce and sprinkle with 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts.
Brush the edge of the pastry sheet with water. Roll up and proceed as above.
- 5For Ham & Broccoli Swirls:
Omit the spinach, cheeses, onion and garlic powder. Unfold the pastry and brush with the egg mixture as above.
Spread 1/2 of and 8-oz. container whipped cream cheese with chives on the sheet. Top with 1 cup thawed, and well drained chopped broccoli and 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham. Proceed as above.
- 6For a flavor twist:
Try a different cheese. Any shredded cheese will work in this recipe.