Spinach & artichoke dip w/Crusty baguette bread
This dish is extremely hot when it comes out of the oven. Set it aside and let it cool a bit before serving.
1/2 csour cream
1 cparmesan cheese
1 can(s)artichoke hearts
1/2 cminced red onions
1 Tbsplemon juice
2 pinchsalt and pepper/to taste
2 Tbspgarlic and herb seasoning
1/2 ccanned or fresh spinach
1/2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1loaf crusty baguette bread
·butter flavored cooking spray
How to Make Spinach & artichoke dip w/Crusty baguette bread
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mince up the onion and put into a med size bowl.
Add sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, spinach (make sure you drain the spinach well if your using canned), garlic and herb seasoning and salt/pepper
- Take the artichoke out of the can and cut them up. They usually come in quarters, so, cut them twice again and add to the bowl. Add one tablespoon of horseradish. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed up well. Taste. Now, if you think it needs more horse radish add the other tbs.
- I use a casserole dish or 8x8 baking pan. Spread the mixture out evenly.Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the mixture then sprinkle a bit more Parmesan cheese on top and bake for 20-25 minutes (when the mixture is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- While the dip is baking, Cut your baguette bread in 1/2 inch slanted slices and put them on a cookie sheet. Spray them with butter flavored cooking spray or you can melt butter and put it on the bread with a basting brush. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Put the bread in the oven 5 minutes before the dip is done. (but keep an eye on it, bread should be a little brown). Once the time is up remove the bread and place on a serving tray. Remove the dip and let it sit a little before serving.