1 pkgpre-made empanada discs
1 can(s)chick peas, drained
1 mediumpotato, peeled
1/2 smallonion, finely diced
1/2 tspcurry powder
1/4 tspcumin powder
1/4 tsptumeric, powder
1 Tbspolive oil
·salt and pepper
How to Make Samosas Simplified
- Start by cutting the peeled potato, cut in small pieces and boil in salted water for 3-4 mins, drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the diced onion in the olive oil a few mins, add in the spices and combine.
- add the chick peas and potatoes and stir well, with a fork mash everything, till chunky but not mushy.
- add in the peas and gently stir...This is the filling.
- cut each disc in half, add a bit of filling and moisten the edges with water and fold and press.
- pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- place the samosas on a lightly greased cookie sheet and brush each with egg wash ( slightly beaten egg w/a little water.
- bake about 20 mins or till golden brown..
Enjoy...I like to dip in any yummy chutney.