Russian Egg and Mushroom Salad
Great stuffed in deviled eggs and on crackers.
- 5 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 1 lb
- white button mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium
- yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1/3 c
- finely chopped fresh dill
- 4 large
- hard boiled eggs, roughly chopped
- 3/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Russian Egg and Mushroom Salad
- 1Heat 3 Tablespoons oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, and add mushrooms cook, stirring often, until browned,14-16 minutes.
Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat remaining oil in skillet and add onion; cook, stirring often, until lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl with mushrooms, along with dill and eggs.
- 3Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Add to mushroom mixture and toss until evenly combined; season with s & p.