Roasted Garlic Hummus
It is also very good on warm pita wedges
How to Make Roasted Garlic Hummus
- chop the tops off each large head of garlic to expose the tops. Let them sit opened in the kitchen for 1/2 hour
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Wrap each head of garlic in aluminum foil drizzle each with olive oil and wrap each head of farlic tightly while the oven is heating
- Bake garlic for 30 to 45 minutes or until the garlic is soft. Remove from the oven and cool in the foil
- Puree chickpeas 1 minute in food processor or blender until finely chopped. Add lemon juice, 1/4 c oilive oil, tahini, & 1/2 cup of water. blend for 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Squeeze roasted garlic from each clove into the chickpea mixture. Pulse the hummus several times to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and cracked pepper. Pread in thin layer on large plate, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with bread of your choice