Red Bell Pepper Sauce
This sauce is so delicious, my whole family loves it I use some of it today when I made Sweet Bell Pepper Bread. This makes the best bread to accompany any of your soups, stews or casseroles this winter..enjoy
- 2 large
- red bell peppers,charred
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- chopped shallots,or sweet onion
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 small
- chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 c
- chicken broth
- 1 tsp
- italian seasoning
How to Make Red Bell Pepper Sauce
- 1Char bell peppers over gas flame or roast them in broiler until blackened on all sides. Place the blackened peppers in a paper bag close tightly for about 10 minutes. Peel,seed and coarsely chop bell peppers. Set aside.
- 2Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, garlic and chili pepper; sauté until shallots are tender, oh about 5 minutes.
Cool slightly. Pour mixture to a blender, add bell peppers, chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Puree until smooth or leave a little chunky if desired..(I usually take out 1 cup
at the chunky stage, if I plan on making my Bell Pepper Bread).
- 3Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
This can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm over medium heat before using.