Red Beet Hummus as Appetizer
This Lebanese recipe has orange juice, garlic, lemon, cayenne, and beets....
- 4 medium
- red beets, peeled and cubed(wear gloves)
- 1 c
- tahini paste
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 2 tsp
- each cumin,coriander, and sea salt
- 2 clove
- each of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 1 pinch
How to Make Red Beet Hummus as Appetizer
- 1Heat oven to 425^. Using gloves peel and cube the beets, toss in the olive oil and spread on a sprayed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes, or until beets are soft.
- 2Remove from oven and cool. Then put the beets in a food processor or high-speed blender. Add remaining ingredients and puree until creamy.
- 3Adjust spices to your liking, adding more salt, and other spices as desired. Transfer to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil before serving.
This will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container.