1purple eggplant, firm and unbruised
3 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
1/2 cfresh herb (like flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, chives or mint) chopped
2 Tbspmiso paste or soy sauce
2 Tbsplemon juice
dash(es)hot sauce to taste
How to Make Quinoa Caviar
- Roast the eggplant: Cut in half lengthwise, drizzle with 2 Tbs. of olive oil, and bake at 425F until white flesh is lightly browned and tender, about 30 minutes.
- Saute onions in last Tbs. of olive oil until soft. Stir in the quinoa and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add water and salt, then bring to a boil.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid, let cool, and fluff quinoa with fork.
- Puree the eggplant with herbs, miso, and lemon juice. Add to quinoa.
- Add hot sauce and adjust seasoning. Garnish with remaining herbs.
- Serve on toast points or fancy crackers just like Caviar.