Eggplant and quinoa, healthy and tasty. I found this recipe on a Quinoa website. If you haven't tried quinoa yet, it is really a seed more than a grain, but it is high in protein, and complete with amino acids, etc. It is a little different at first, but easy to get used to, and so good for you.
- purple eggplant, firm and unbruised
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- onion, minced
- 1 c
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- fresh herb (like flat-leaf parsley, cilantro, chives or mint) chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- miso paste or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- hot sauce to taste
How to Make Quinoa Caviar
- 1Roast the eggplant: Cut in half lengthwise, drizzle with 2 Tbs. of olive oil, and bake at 425F until white flesh is lightly browned and tender, about 30 minutes.
- 2Saute onions in last Tbs. of olive oil until soft. Stir in the quinoa and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Add water and salt, then bring to a boil.
- 4Cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5Remove pan from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove lid, let cool, and fluff quinoa with fork.
- 7Puree the eggplant with herbs, miso, and lemon juice. Add to quinoa.
- 8Add hot sauce and adjust seasoning. Garnish with remaining herbs.
- 9Serve on toast points or fancy crackers just like Caviar.
About Quinoa Caviar
You May Also Like:
Show 2 Comments & Reviews