Panelles (chick pea fritters)
How to Make Panelles (chick pea fritters)
- In a 4-quart pot combine chicke pea flour, water and salt
- Whisk until smooth and not lumpy, on med. high heat.
- Lower heat when mixture starts to bubble, stirring constantly and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and smear mixture on either a marble, silpac or our clean counter surface. Spread to less than a 1/4 inch and allow to cool.
- Cut into rectangles or squares and fry like cutlets until golden brown, drain on paper towels.