How to Make Oven Dried Tomatoes
- Wash your tomatoes, cut them as needed. For cherry tomatoes, halve them lengthwise.
- Gently toss your tomatoes with a little olive oil, some sea salt (or your favorite kind of salt... I love a good smoked sea salt) black pepper, and dried herbs of your choice. It doesn't take much, those flavors will really absorb during drying.
- Spread them out, skin side down, on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 225-250 degrees for as long as it takes. I've seen anywhere from 2 hours to 6 listed... depends on how dry you want your tomatoes and the size of the pieces.
- Store in a ziploc in the fridge, and uses as any other sundried tomato.