Open Face Spring Rolls
My friends all loved these! They were a hit with the adults and kids. A fun, easy and flavorful variation to the classic spring rolls!
- 2 packages athens mini fillo shells (30 total shells)
- 1 package, 16 oz, 3 color cole slaw mix (this is the raw veggies, no sauce)
- 1 shallot head (this is about 2-3 cloves), peeled and shredded
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1.5 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
How to Make Open Face Spring Rolls
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Place shells on baking sheet and set aside.
- 2In large skillet or wok place cole slaw mix and shallots and toss with Hoisin sauce. Sprinkle Chinese 5 Spice over vegetable mixture. Cook for 3 minutes on medium high heat.
- 3Place shells in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile continue cooking vegetables until soft (this should take about 5 minutes).
- 5Remove shells from oven and vegetables from heat. Fill each shell with a heaping teaspoon of vegetable mixture.
- 6Return to oven for 2 minutes.