Open Face Spring Rolls
My friends all loved these! They were a hit with the adults and kids. A fun, easy and flavorful variation to the classic spring rolls!
·2 packages athens mini fillo shells (30 total shells)
·1 package, 16 oz, 3 color cole slaw mix (this is the raw veggies, no sauce)
·1 shallot head (this is about 2-3 cloves), peeled and shredded
·4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
·1.5 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
How to Make Open Face Spring Rolls
- Preheat oven to 350. Place shells on baking sheet and set aside.
- In large skillet or wok place cole slaw mix and shallots and toss with Hoisin sauce. Sprinkle Chinese 5 Spice over vegetable mixture. Cook for 3 minutes on medium high heat.
- Place shells in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile continue cooking vegetables until soft (this should take about 5 minutes).
- Remove shells from oven and vegetables from heat. Fill each shell with a heaping teaspoon of vegetable mixture.
- Return to oven for 2 minutes.