Serve sprinkled with salt or serve with your favorite dip... garlic, ranch, or sour cream mixed with herbs.
·3/4 cup flour
·1 tbsp sugar, white
·1 tbsp cornmeal
·2 tsp baking powder
·1 tsp salt
·1/4 tsp garlic powder
·1/4 tsp black pepper
·1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
·3/4 cup milk
·2 small onions,coarsely chopped
·peanut oil for frying
How to Make Onion Patties
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Now gently add the onions and the milk and stir, this will create a thick batter. Set aside until needed.
- Pour about 1/2 inch of oil into a frying pan and heat over medium high.
- You can add more oil to the skillet if you need to do so while frying.
- When ready, drop a tablespoon of batter into the oil, flatten slightly and allow to brown on both sides until they are crisp.
- Remove from heat and drain on paper towels, then place on cooling rack to keep crisp, until all batter is fried.
- Serve warm with your preferred dip.